Wow! Okay, so in a week where I have so much to do that I’m successfully procrastinating and doing nothing productive, I’ve somehow been nominated for not one, but two awards? (WHAT!?) I really need to get back into my writing headspace. I’ve just had so much going on with the end of my course coming up. But once that’s over (bring on the first week of May!) I’ll have plenty of time … hopefully.
So I want to give a huge, major, oh my god I love you and if I could I’d hug you shoutout to Sam over at bellsiebooks for nominating me! You’re awesome!
Because time is very scare for me at the moment, I’m going to cheat and combine my posts for these awards together into one (I’m sorry! But I must! You can yell at me later!)
So, here’s how each award works:
The Liebster Award
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the individual who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers (with under 200 followers) and come up with your own 11 questions. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- Inform your nominee on being nominated
- Tea or coffee? – Tea, definitely! Slightly addicted to it, and I love love LOVE mint tea. Although there are times when I’m falling asleep on a mountain of work and a cup of coffee would be wonderful. You know, if I actually drank it …
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? – Before I read the question properly, I thought it said if I could travel to any world. My immediate answer was Hogwarts, the Shire or Rivendell. But since it actually has to exist, I’ll alter it slightly: Harry Potter world, or the Hobbiton film set in Matamata! I would happily move into either of these locations! Of course I also want to go to Bora Bora, and a little obscure town in Italy, and New York and yeah. I essentially want to travel the world!
- Who/what is your favourite cartoon (or animated) character? – When I was younger my sister, our best friend and I used to pretend we were the three spies in Totally Spies. I was Alex, and even though she seemed to be the clumsiest, in the back of my mind I wanted to be her in real life. I think it was also partly because those jumpsuits were fierce! I’m not really much of a cartoony person anymore. If I’d been asked this when I was younger I probably would have listed most of the characters in Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon! Actually, I changed my mind! Squirtle is my favourite! Yup! That’s my answer!
- What kind of music do you like? – I’m one of those people whose iPod is a dangerous thing to put on shuffle when there are people are around. It will literally change from My Chemical Romance to High School Musical! *Cringey face* A lot of what I listen to is mainly pop-rock, pop-punk, punk-rock (slightly obsessed with All Time Low’s new album – if you haven’t heard it yet, you need to!). Really I like anything I can listen to a few times and then try to perform the guitar, bass, drums, singing and dancing all at once!
- Winter or summer? – It depends on my mood really. I get cold really easily, but I love the look of winter. I love the bare trees, and how clear the sky gets sometimes, and getting all snuggly warm in jumpers with a mug of hot something and a book in front of the fire. It’s just such a pretty, sparkly, magical time of year. But I also love summer! Pretty skirts and dresses, and the sun and the beach. I used to hate floral, and now I can’t get enough of it. Of course there are some days when I stay inside and complain about the heat! We Irish just kind of like complaining!
- Who is your book crush? – Oh God … *nervously twitches fingers and stares at bookshelf hoping one character will claw his way to the front of the small mass of fictional males* … I do this wonderful thing where I fall in love with people who don’t know I exist. Sometimes, it’s the other people who actually don’t exist! Okay, well Harry Potter is kind of an obvious one even though he could be a right twat at times! I also had a thing for Draco Malfoy – can’t resist a bad boy. Heath Luck from the House of Night books made me cry because he was so clichéd cute. Jacob Black – I already loved wolves and then this dude comes along! I had a thing for Darren from the Sage of Darren Shan (or Cirque du Freak in some places). I’m also pretty sure I liked one of the guys from the Famous Five when I was younger (don’t ask!). Yeah … So, that list makes me look cool … right?
- If you could live in a fairy tale, which one would you choose? – Beauty and the Beast or the Little Mermaid! I’ve always loved Belle. Some day I will find a reason to wear a big yellow princess ball gown and pretend I’m her for a day while I spin in sweeping, graceful circles around a ballroom singing Tale As Old As Time. I’ve also always wanted to be a mermaid, which is why I hated getting my hair cut, because mermaids don’t have short hair Mammy! Grr! Of course, I can’t swim, so I’d probably make a crappy mermaid …
- What is the best event you’ve ever been to (a show/concert/festival, etc)? – Hmm … I love going to concerts, you know, when I can afford it! The best concert I’ve been to is probably All Time Low with We Are The In Crowd as support. This was back in 2012, and I haven’t been able to get tickets to see them since *cry* They just always put so much energy and enthusiasim into their performances. And they sound incredible live! Hollywood Ending also put on an amazing show. I’m seeing 5 Seconds of Summer in May with Hey Violet as support, so that night will probably end up on the list of amazing shows too.
- Vampires or werewolves (or something else entirely)? – Ahh … werewolves! No, vampires! No! Emm … Hobbits! Elves! Wizards! … I don’t know! Why do you do this to me? I’ll jut go with demon master. Lord Loss. He’s my type. (And by type, I mean what I might possibly be kind of able to obtain as a friend/partner in crime/love interest.)
- What was your favourite childhood book? – Harry Potter and Lord Loss are definitely the longest running book addictions from my childhood. But I also liked the Sleepover Club, The Famous Five, The Wind Singer, The Magic Faraway Tree and Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? – Probably something carby, like noodles, or pasta. I know! Ravioli or tortellini! I’d happily live on one of those. Or, you know, banana bread or blueberry muffins.
Those are really long answers. Oops! And most of them are multiple answers in one because I can’t make a decision about anything in case I change my mind. I really need to work on that!
The Creative Blogger Award
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs.
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important).
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
- Pass these rules on to them.
Okay, I guess I’ll start with the 5 facts about myself … Let’s see if I can make them interesting …
1. When I get bored or start procrastinating, most of the time I end up creating something. I could have a million things to do and instead of working, I’ll sit down and start sewing. I love it (most of the time) because it’s (usually) really relaxing. When I had my jaw broken, instead of using that time to catch up on assignments, I made three skirts out of old dresses. Instead of doing assignments over Easter break, I made a dress out of an old curtain. Here’s a picture of it because it wouldn’t let me upload for some reason. I guess I just can’t waste time not doing something if I’m not doing something … Does that make any sense?
2. I’ve always wanted to be in a band. Ever since I was around eight I think. My only problems are crippling stage fright and anxiety, which means I won’t even sing in front of my sister (and we share a room!). I always daydream about being able to go out on tour and have people singing songs that I wrote back to me. Except I don’t know anyone who wants to legitimately make a band, and I’m too shy and awkward, and I want voice lessons but I can’t sing in front of strangers and do you see my dilemma!? (Eww, that sentence is not formatted correctly, but it’s the only way to show my thought process.)
3. I don’t know what I’d do without music. I know, how often to people say that? But I don’t think you can fully understand it until you’ve felt alone with nothing but your favourite songs to help you. It’s not just when you’re feeling down though. Sad times, good times. I love having music in the background, so I can pretend I’m in a movie and that a certain song is my main theme, or part of the soundtrack to my imaginary life. I also love when music inspires me. My current novel was inspired by a song (I won’t say which one … not yet anyway!), and so was the one before that. But sometimes it’s a song, or the artist that just makes you stop and think. This happened to me when this post was inspired by Sam Miller from Paradise Fears.
4. I don’t enjoy giving short answers. If I’m ever having a written conversation, and I’m not writing paragraphs, I’m either not in a good mood, or I don’t want to talk to you. Short meaningless conversations bore me. Ask questions, give your opinion, argue with me! Do something to keep me thinking, talking and interested. Please!
5. I often feel like I’m a contradiction. As in a physical, walking talking, breathing, contradiction. I describe myself as quiet, but then I’ll turn around and say, “Actually, I’m kind of insane, you just don’t know me well enough yet.” I’m terrified of crowds, and people, and yet I dream about being up in front of people, being a someone. Couples and relationship updates make me roll my eyes, and yet I love the idea of love. I want to be left alone, but I want to be surrounded by people and go on a big adventure. Am I contradiction? A paradox? I don’t know … I really don’t know
*Bonus piece of information, I just nearly accidentally deleted this entire post! Imagine the tears! Thank God for Ctrl + Z!*
Okay, now for the tricky part! Making questions and nominating people! I know when I was nominated, I got all smiley and giggly (yay! Someone likes my posts!), but at the same time I feel like I’m bothering people. It’s like, “Hey, sorry, please don’t hate me, but …” (Cute fact, that’s actually what my life feels like!).
Okay, nominations! I suck at this part, so I’ll nominate some of my favourites, and if you’ve already been nominated, I’m very sorry, and I’ll try pay better attention in future! It’s not exactly 11, or 15-20, but it’s the best I can do!
1. If you could change one thing in the world, one universal decision or idea that everyone just agreed on, or one action that happened and would impact everyone, what would it be?
2. If someone took all the little things you were afraid of (spiders, heights, clown, etc.) and put them together into one giant scenario in order to scare you to death, how would you die?
3. If you could change the ending of any book or movie, what book/movie would you choose, and how would it end?
4. If you were to choose a quote to sum up your life, what would it be?
5. Who would you like to play you in a movie of your life?
6. You have to put a picture of one thing into an envelope to be sealed and opened in 100 years. What’s in the picture? What do you want to future to see?
7. You’ve been set the task to describe inspiration. How do you do it? What does it look like?
8. If you radiated a colour with every emotion, when was the last time your inner rainbow shone through with multiple emotions and feelings?
9. If you had to wear an article of clothing every day for the rest of your life, what one thing would you always have on?
10. Would you prefer to have books with glow in the dark print so you could read at night, or waterproof books so you could read in the bath/shower/rain/underwater?
11. If you had to explain to someone why words can mean so much to people, how would you go about it?
Okay! So, there’s my nominations, my questions, my answers, my late blog post (this is becoming a very bad habit!). Again, a huge thank you to bellsiebooks, and to anyone else who has read this far down my very long post.
Even if I didn’t nominate you, feel free to give your answers to some of the questions in the comments. I always enjoy finding out how other people think!
*Edit: I forgot to say what award I was nominating you guys for! Sorry! I got so carried away with the post it completely slipped my mind! This post was originally made for the Liebster Award, so initially that’s what I nominated the list of bloggers for. Of course you guys are also deserving of the Creative Blogger Award too, so this nomination is for both awards!*